As of today, I only have one confirmed trip this month and it’s going to be hectic. How can I cover Penang (Malaysia) in less than twenty-four hours?
I booked three seats with Cebu Pacific Air for a three-day visit to my cousin who is now working in Penang. I’m going with my mom and my cousin’s mother. Our itinerary receipt says we’ll be in Kuala Lumpur on March 22 at around 1350H. Then we’ll board an Air Asia flight that will arrive in Penang at around 1745H. Because my mom wants to see Kuala Lumpur, we have to leave Penang on the 23rd at 1455H. In short, the two of us can only stay in Penang for only twenty-one (21) hours.
I made some research and wanted to do the following:
- See the snakes in Chor Soo Kong Temple – Viper snakes slither on this temple to protect the deity Chor Soo Kong, a healer.
- Pay homage to Thee Kong Tua – I am fascinated to Taoism, so I have to see this temple dedicated to the Jade Emperor or the supreme ruler of heaven.
- Pray at the Kek Lok Si Temple – Also known as the Temple of Supreme Bliss, this is the largest Buddhist temple in Malaysia. It houses the towering statue of Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy.
- Ride a trishaw around George Town – This is a Unesco World Heritage Site. I have to see it.
- Walk along Gurney Drive and eat hawker fare.
I hope we can do everything in this short list.
Update! Here’s what happened.