Who among you gets to travel with their whole family often? Lucky you, whoever you are, because I rarely get the chance to have my whole family with me on my travels. The most that I can do is tag my mother along from whom I got this great case of wanderlust.
I often daydreamed about going somewhere far from Manila with the whole family because it’s been thirteen years since the last time we did that (Boracay, 1999). Yes, we go out of town to the nearby pools and hot springs of Laguna, south of Manila. And that one time were we got to do a side trip after work (Zambales, 2011). Those were short, memorable trips that I would treasure for the rest of my life. But somehow, I yearned for something more special – a family trip that needs research, planning, and some plane tickets.
Do you know what they say about mothers knowing what’s running through your head or how you are feeling without you telling them? I so believe in that. You see, mother surprised everyone with a Cebu Pacific itinerary to Puerto Princesa, Palawan, thanks to her mastery of grabbing promo fares from low-cost airlines.
Here’s an overview of our 5d4n stay in Puerto Princesa, Palawan:
- 1235h Arrival
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant – late lunch
- Itoy’s Coffee Haus – coffee and dessert
- Ka Lui – early dinner
- Late night drinks at the pension house
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour
- Ugong Rock Adventure – caving, spelunking, zip line
- LRC Souvenir shops – limited time
- Reggae Pulse – night out
- Honda Bay Island Hopping – Pambato Reef, Isla Pandan, Starfish Island
- Bona’s Chao Long – Vietnamese food
- City Tour – Plaza Cuartel, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Baywalk, Palawan Special Battalion WW-II Memorial Museum, Baker’s Hill, Mitra’s Ranch, Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center
- LRC Souvenir shops
- Kinabuch’s – tamilok challenge
- Tiki Bar – night out
- Badjao Seafront – lunch
- Itoy’s Coffee Haus
- 1535h Departure
This 5 days 4 nights Puerto Princesa itinerary guaranteed a relaxed and fun trip for everybody, they are now asking me where we’ll be next. Sounds like a plan.